The St Lawrence Academy is currently looking to recruit volunteers in a number of areas of the Academy to enable members of the community to develop key skills whilst supporting the continued progress of our students.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Subject Specific Learning and Teaching Assistant – Developing skills and experience in supporting targeted students with Additional Learning Needs.
- Student Mentor – Using counselling or mentoring skills to support the pastoral needs of students.
- Behaviour for Learning Mentor– If you have an interest in developing or sharing skills in dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Learning and Teaching Assistant for Literacy – Specifically supporting students to access the curriculum within the classroom of Literacy based subjects.
- Learning and Teaching Assistant for Numeracy – Specifically supporting students to access the curriculum within the classroom of numeracy based subjects.
- EAL Learning & Teaching Assistant – Supporting students with English as an Additional Language to access the curriculum.
We are looking for people to join our inclusion team who have an ability to work as part of a team and an interest in the education sector including ensuring students meet their potential. To develop a consistent approach you must be able to work within the policies and procedures outlined within our induction programme.
Benefits to successful candidates include:
- Induction to the Academies policies and procedures as part of your continuous professional development.
- Experience within the education system and opportunities to develop specific skills in your areas of interest.
- You will have access to further training and mentoring by specific professionals.
- This is an opportunity to gain work experience should you wish to pursue a career in teaching or within the education system.
- Positions will offer Flexible working hours.
All positional are subject to DBS clearance and an informal discussion to ensure that the position is suitable.
If you have skills and interests you would like to develop in the areas listed please call Helen Parker on 01724 842447 for an expression of interest form.
Please click the link below to view our Volunteer Policy