In Year 9, students will create a product working around the theme of jewellery They will be required to create a piece of jewellery based upon a culture. They will also make a simple jewellery box to complete the project.
Students will learn:
- To identify demographics, research and profile their intended users
- Be creative and think of various ways to customise their product to make it unique
- To use templates to produce accurate designs
- To create dovetail and dowelling joints
- To enhance their ablilty to use marking equipment and cutting tools
- To apply painted and varnished finished
- To use shaping tools such as spoke shaves and planes
- To learn about manufactured boards such as MDF and hardboard
- To learn about the working properties of softwoods.