In Year 8 students are encouraged to design for a client. They will be put into a hypothetical situation of designing for a gift shop with the brief of ‘wooden letters’.
Students will learn:
- To design for a customer
- To use CAD to create accurate drawings
- To write design specifications
- A range of unique design ideas
- About the classification of metals
- About different working properties of metals
- To mark out using engineers blue scribers and punches
- How to cut steel using hacksaws and files
- To drill using a pillar drill
- How to join metal together using brazing and riveting
- How to dip coat steel in a plastic finish.