Strategies and Interventions
Following identification of barriers to learning and target setting, student, MENTOR and any other parties will together formulate intervention and strategies to be used. Interventions will be tailored to the individual needs of the student. Mentors will use strategies relevant to a particular student. A range of strategies and interventions will be used including:
- Joint planning
- Individual one-to-one mentoring
- Group work
- Developing links with community
- Specialised project work
- Monitoring and evaluation
- The interventions used and progress towards meeting the targets will be fed back to the Inclusion Panel and other relevant parties where appropriate.
- Prior to the final review the MENTOR will gather progress reports from all the relevant parties.
- Success will be measured against targets set and initial reason for referral as identified by the referrer.
- Standard Format Documentation (SFD) will be used.
- The student will record and evaluate their own success.
- Progress reports from the teacher/other relevant parties will be given as feedback to the student.
- This information will also be shared with other relevant parties, via attendance at the Final Review Meeting where appropriate (decided by the MENTOR). Where relevant parties were not in attendance at the Final Review the MENTOR is responsible for recording evaluation on SFD and passing on to the relevant parties.
- Following the final review the student will be informed of the conclusion of the mentoring process.
- Students will be given a follow up review once in each of the next two half-terms, students will be informed of when this will happen.
- New targets will be set and will be monitored and reviewed (by Student and staff, via progress feedback forms) at the next review, the student will be made aware of this.
- Students will also be informed of the drop-in facility as a back-up support.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Student data (including personal details, work in progress, interventions used, etc) will be recorded by the MENTOR’s and updated on a regular basis by the SEN Administration Assistant.
- EiC will require certain data, this will be recorded by the MENTOR’s and collated by the Inclusion Administrator.
- This data will be analysed by the Mentors and given to the Inclusion Teacher.