Topics covered in Year 9 will include:
- Food poisoning and the 4 C’s to Food Hygiene.
- Evaluating Food Products
- Starch sauces and gelatinisation
- Choosing, storing, cooking meat
- Recipe research of ingredients leading to designing their own dish
- Disassembly of a Healthy meal
- Finish design ideas and plan of making of selected dish
- Licence to Cook programme.
Students will learn:
- To cook a range of foods, whilst simultaneously preparing other ingredients
- To perfect organisational and timing skills
- To assemble and present practical work attractively
- To use the hob and the grill in the same lesson
- To use a food processor to prepare ingredients