In Year 8, students are encouraged to be creative, selecting different ingredients that could be combined into dishes and to consolidate their understanding by cooking a main meal component.
Students will learn:
- To carefully control the amount of liquid added to a mixture
- To shape dough in a uniform manner
- To cook a range of starchy foods, whilst simultaneously preparing other ingredients for a salad
- To perfect organisational and timing skills
- To assemble and present practical work attractively
- To make a savoury sauce and combine it with pasta to make a simple dish
- To use the hob and the grill in the same lesson
- To use a food processor to prepare ingredients.