In Year 7, students are encouraged to become more familiar with, and confident in, using the food area.
The three areas of learning, which link to practical lessons and online tutorials for students are: healthy eating, wise food shopping, and food safety and hygiene.
Students will learn:
To use a range of basic equipment
- To handle and prepare arrange of ingredients
- To use the grill safely
- To use the oven safely
- To weigh and measure ingredients accurately
- To use the hob safely
- To divide mixtures evenly
- To learn specific knife skills and preparation techniques
- To learn basic methods of making and cooking.