PARENTS CAN HELP STUDENTS BY:
- Checking that students are able to name examples of hardwoods, softwoods, ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals, thermosetting and thermo-plastics
- Assisting with homework sheets on fabric properties
- Students could be encouraged to consider the various properties of their own clothes – reading labels and washing instructions
- Students could be encouraged to think about control systems in the home
- Students need to consider environmental issues
- Encourage students to cook the recipes learnt at school for meals/snacks at home, so as to practise skills
- Parents can be involved in evaluating work by tasting and commenting on food produced.