In Year 7, students receive 2 hours of core Physical Education per week.
As part of their core PE lessons, students are offered a broad and balanced range of activities. These include: –
- Dance (Girls only)
- Netball (Girls only)
- Outdoor and Adventurous Activities/Climbing
- HRF (Project based learning to record fitness levels)
- SAQ & Fitness Training Methods
- Rugby (Boys only)
The variety of activities on offer provides all students with an opportunity to succeed and gain confidence. Students develop a wide range of skills, tactics and compositional ideas and make progress in learning through the process of performing, analysing and making decisions. They will also be given different roles and responsibilities in lessons with a view to developing basic leadership skills.
In addition to the above students will also participate in a range of House competitions. These include team games (i.e. Football, Netball, Basketball, etc), as well as individual fitness challenges (i.e. Climbing, Indoor Rowing, Cross Country, Athletics, etc).
PARENTS CAN HELP BY:
- Encouraging them to adopt and healthy and active lifestyles.
- Ensuring they are organised with PE kit for lessons.
- Supporting the delivery of extra-curricular sporting activities and fixtures offered at school.
- Encouraging their child to join local sports clubs. The PE department can provide contact details and information about clubs on request.
- Extra-Curricular Clubs and Inter-school fixtures are offered in the following activities: –
- Girls – Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Cheerleading, Cricket, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Indoor & Mini Hockey, Rounders, and Trampolining.
- Boys – Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Cricket, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Mini Hockey, Rugby, and Trampolining.