Students will follow a three year OCR GCSE (9-1). It is an up to date and engaging qualification that is relevant to the world of business today.
This qualification equips learners with skills and confidence to explore how different business situations affect business decisions. It is a well rounded introduction to the subject. The qualification will encourage learners to make informed choices about a wide range of further learning opportunities and career pathways as well as develop life skills that enable them to become financially and commercially aware.
The specification is divided into topics, each covering key concepts of business. The content is clear and logically laid out for easy access.
The key features of OCR’s GCSE (9–1) in Business will enable learners to develop:
- an interest in business and entrepreneurial skills.
- connections between theory and practice so that learners are able to apply their understanding of business to real organisations.
- an informed approach that will help learners to evaluate choices and decisions about their own future working lives.
- confidence in using both qualitative and quantitative data to make business decisions.
How will I be assessed?
|Content overview||Assessment overview|
|● Business activity.
|50% of total GCSE|
● Influences on business.
● The interdependent nature of business.
50% of total GCSE