Welcome to the St Lawrence academy
If there are any questions you may have, please contact us as follows:
Telephone: 01724 842447
All the latest from the St Lawrence academy
- Year 11 Valediction Evening 2016 10 May 2016 -
- The Road to Wembley Charity Cycle Ride 05 May 2016 - During the summer of 2015 my Dad, Mick Oates, sadly passed away at the age of 67 after a short and courageous battle with Cancer. He spent his final few weeks at Lindsey Lodge Hospice in Scunthorpe, where the care and support for him and our family was warm and loving throughout. The Lindsey Lodge Hospice would not be able […]
- Science Week 22 March 2016 -
- 2016 Golden Apple Education Awards 12 February 2016 - Congratulations to: The Principal, Joan Barnes who was nominated, and selected, as one of three finalists in the category of “Lifetime Contribution Award”. The special ceremony was held on Thursday 25th February at The Royal Humber Hotel, Grimsby, where Joan was announced as the winner and presented with the award. Student Progress Leader, Chris Rowbotham […]
You can reach more with tact than with power.
“A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.” Proverbs 15, 1
Questions for discussion:
- How would you describe a peaceful home?
- When someone corrects you harshly, how do you feel?
- Can you think of ways that people boss each other around?
- How do you feel when someone tattles every time that you do something wrong?
- How do most people act when other people are harsh with them?
- Can you think of someone who is gentle?
- How do most people act when other people are gentle and kind to them?
What’s happening around the houses…
Welcome to the Gold section of the website. My name is Justin Kock and in addition to my role as a Business Studies and ICT teacher, I’m also the House Leader of Gold. The House structure is becoming embedded into our daily life here at the academy and the students are showing a sense of pride and belonging in being a member of the Gold House.
HOUSE CORE VALUE – GENEROSITY
It is hoped that all staff and students embrace being a part of Turquoise, and take advantage of the fantastic opportunities the House System will provide. Although I hope to encourage a competitive mentality within Turquoise, equally important is the willingness to participate within all activities, contributing to what I’m sure will be many achievements and victories in the future.
HOUSE CORE VALUE – TRUTH
The House structure is becoming embedded into our daily life here at the Academy and the students are showing a sense of pride and belonging in being a member of Emerald. My aim is to provide as many opportunities as possible for our students to enjoy, achieve and develop across the whole Academy, with a variety of activities, events and competitions acting as a point of realisation for all students, allowing them to reach their full potential. It is hoped that all staff and students embrace being a part of Emerald, and take advantage of the fantastic opportunities the House System will provide. Although I hope to instil a competitive mentality within Emerald, equally important is the willingness to participate within all activities, contributing to what I’m sure will be many successes in the future.
HOUSE CORE VALUE – JUSTICE FOR EVERYONE
Hello and welcome to the Ruby House page. My Name is Laura Purbrick and I am the Ruby House Leader.
I am a very competitive person and I feel a sense of belonging to Ruby House. It is my aim to ensure that every member of Ruby House has the same drive to success that I have. Each form has two very supportive tutors that without their continual belief my job would not be possible. I hope that all members of Ruby House feel they have many great opportunities and I hope to see many successes in the future.
HOUSE CORE VALUE – RESPECT
The House Leader for Amethyst is Helen Parker.
Working within the academy working as Extended Services Coordinator, I am fully aware of how the experiences and skills developed through our house structure will not only provide fun activities for our students but will also complement their learning. Experiences will include; working as a team, contributing to the community, developing leadership skills, leading activities in a range of skill areas.
HOUSE CORE VALUE – FORGIVENESS