Welcome to the St Lawrence academy
If there are any questions you may have, please contact us as follows:
Telephone: 01724 842447
All the latest from the St Lawrence academy
- GCSE Results 2017 06 September 2017 - We would like to congratulate the class of 2017 on their fantastic GCSE results. The Academy recognises the many outstanding success stories and we are delighted that again we have worked together to ensure that the very best results have been obtained by many.
- TSLA Formula 24 Car 17 July 2017 - Sunday the 16th July we joined 47 teams to race our Formula 24 Car at the Hull KC Stadium as part of a Greenpower STEM Project. Our 9 Year 10 students have worked all year to build, design and the final stage was the big race. They have developed key skills in science, technology engineering […]
- Investors In Pupils Award 12 July 2017 - Following our reassessment at the end of July, we are delighted to announce that we have once again been awarded the Investors in Pupils Award for the next three years. The award is an established national quality mark that recognises, develops and extends student voice and participation strategies to build young people’s life skills, character […]
- Year 11 Prom July 2017 11 July 2017 -
Thank you God for that which makes each of us unique:
- The colour of our eyes and hair and skin
- Our height and build
- The face that is ours alone.
- The inner self that no-one else knows.
- The abilities and disabilities that give us our potential to create and grow as no-one else can.
- The place where we live – the town or the city, the village, coast or countryside – that helps to make us who we are.
- Our interests and hobbies; our taste in music, books or fashion; our likes and dislikes – all the things that add up to who we are.
Let us give thanks –
- for who we are as individuals, each one unique in all humankind,
- as humankind, where our individuality contributes to the whole.
- As we respect and celebrate our uniqueness,and each other’s too. Amen
What’s happening around the houses…
Welcome to the Gold section of the website. My name is Justin Kock and in addition to my role as a Business Studies and ICT teacher, I’m also the House Leader of Gold. The House structure is becoming embedded into our daily life here at the academy and the students are showing a sense of pride and belonging in being a member of the Gold House.
HOUSE CORE VALUE – GENEROSITY
It is hoped that all staff and students embrace being a part of Turquoise, and take advantage of the fantastic opportunities the House System will provide. Although I hope to encourage a competitive mentality within Turquoise, equally important is the willingness to participate within all activities, contributing to what I’m sure will be many achievements and victories in the future.
HOUSE CORE VALUE – TRUTH
The House structure is becoming embedded into our daily life here at the Academy and the students are showing a sense of pride and belonging in being a member of Emerald. My aim is to provide as many opportunities as possible for our students to enjoy, achieve and develop across the whole Academy, with a variety of activities, events and competitions acting as a point of realisation for all students, allowing them to reach their full potential. It is hoped that all staff and students embrace being a part of Emerald, and take advantage of the fantastic opportunities the House System will provide. Although I hope to instil a competitive mentality within Emerald, equally important is the willingness to participate within all activities, contributing to what I’m sure will be many successes in the future.
HOUSE CORE VALUE – JUSTICE FOR EVERYONE
Hello and welcome to the Ruby House page. My Name is Laura Purbrick and I am the Ruby House Leader.
I am a very competitive person and I feel a sense of belonging to Ruby House. It is my aim to ensure that every member of Ruby House has the same drive to success that I have. Each form has two very supportive tutors that without their continual belief my job would not be possible. I hope that all members of Ruby House feel they have many great opportunities and I hope to see many successes in the future.
HOUSE CORE VALUE – RESPECT
The House Leader for Amethyst is Helen Parker.
Working within the academy working as Extended Services Coordinator, I am fully aware of how the experiences and skills developed through our house structure will not only provide fun activities for our students but will also complement their learning. Experiences will include; working as a team, contributing to the community, developing leadership skills, leading activities in a range of skill areas.
HOUSE CORE VALUE – FORGIVENESS