Principal for The St Lawrence Academy, Scunthorpe
Required for September 2017
Salary range L37 – 43 (£94,389 – £108,283)
Can you continue the journey from Good to Great?
The St Lawrence Academy is a small-oversubscribed academy for 11-16 year old boys and girls of all abilities, we currently have a roll of 750. We serve a diverse community in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire. Ofsted stated that we continue to be a good academy (June 2016). Our recent SIAMs inspection (April 2016) rated us as outstanding in all areas. We are an inclusive academy striving to meet the needs of all our learners in our caring environment. We welcome students from all backgrounds and faiths, regardless of ability. We are sponsored by the Diocese of Lincoln and have a strong Christian ethos and we are an equal opportunities employer.
We are looking for a person who:
- Is an experienced leader in a secondary setting
- Has a successful record of sustaining improvement and can be capable of continuing the progress made in The St Lawrence Academy since its formation
- Has experience, or a good understanding of working in a diverse community
- Is able to motivate those around them with their commitment to excellence in teaching and learning
- Can inspire and lead change as well as ensuring that outcomes are met
- Will promote and sustain our Christian principles
What we can offer you is:
- An inclusive and inspirational environment
- A supportive and engaged leadership team
- An outstanding community of staff, trustees and parents/carers
- Superb resources and facilities with secure and stable finances
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references, including your suitability to work with children.
Applications will only be considered from individual applicants on the academy application form, and not via CV alone, or agencies.
To apply please download the application pack and submit your completed application form, together with your formal letter of application to Sally Simpson, Clerk to the Trustees email@example.com. For further information about this post, an in depth conversation, or to arrange a school visit, contact Sally Simpson, direct dial 01724 747311 or via email.
Closing Date for applications : Monday 27th March 2017 8:30am
Interviews will take place : Tuesday 25th and Wednesday 26th April 2017