Welcome to the St Lawrence academy
If there are any questions you may have, please contact us as follows:
Telephone: 01724 842447
All the latest from the St Lawrence academy
- Ofsted Inspection – 29th June 2016 30 June 2016 - We had a very positive experience when two inspectors visited the academy on Wednesday 29th June, HMI Tanya Stuart led the inspection along with David Pridding. We now await their judgement and report.
- Sports Day 2016 – Monday 27th June 2016 29 June 2016 -
- Lincolnshire Show Schools Challenge – 22nd & 23rd June 2016 24 June 2016 - We are pleased to announce that after working on the Lincolnshire Show Schools Challenge since September, the Eco Warriors have been awarded Second Place in the Schools Challenge against all the other schools completing the challenge. Our project was titled “Our Healthy School”.
- Success at the National Schools Cheerleading Championships – 19th June 2016 21 June 2016 - A fantastic set of results by all our troops! Key Stage 3 Street Cheerleaders – 1st Place Key Stage 4 Street Cheerleaders – 2nd Place Key Stage 4 Stunt Group – 2nd Place Key Stage 3 Pom Dance – 4th Place Key Stage 4 Pom Dance – 5th Place
“You just need to be accepted for who you are and be proud of who you are, and that is what I’m trying to do.”
Take a blank piece of paper. Create your “fingerprint in writing.” (Maybe you could even use your real fingerprint and enlarge it with a copier.)
- Describe yourself physically
- Describe yourself emotionally
- Describe your gifts, talents and passions
- Describe how you see your future.
What’s happening around the houses…
Welcome to the Gold section of the website. My name is Justin Kock and in addition to my role as a Business Studies and ICT teacher, I’m also the House Leader of Gold. The House structure is becoming embedded into our daily life here at the academy and the students are showing a sense of pride and belonging in being a member of the Gold House.
HOUSE CORE VALUE – GENEROSITY
It is hoped that all staff and students embrace being a part of Turquoise, and take advantage of the fantastic opportunities the House System will provide. Although I hope to encourage a competitive mentality within Turquoise, equally important is the willingness to participate within all activities, contributing to what I’m sure will be many achievements and victories in the future.
HOUSE CORE VALUE – TRUTH
The House structure is becoming embedded into our daily life here at the Academy and the students are showing a sense of pride and belonging in being a member of Emerald. My aim is to provide as many opportunities as possible for our students to enjoy, achieve and develop across the whole Academy, with a variety of activities, events and competitions acting as a point of realisation for all students, allowing them to reach their full potential. It is hoped that all staff and students embrace being a part of Emerald, and take advantage of the fantastic opportunities the House System will provide. Although I hope to instil a competitive mentality within Emerald, equally important is the willingness to participate within all activities, contributing to what I’m sure will be many successes in the future.
HOUSE CORE VALUE – JUSTICE FOR EVERYONE
Hello and welcome to the Ruby House page. My Name is Laura Purbrick and I am the Ruby House Leader.
I am a very competitive person and I feel a sense of belonging to Ruby House. It is my aim to ensure that every member of Ruby House has the same drive to success that I have. Each form has two very supportive tutors that without their continual belief my job would not be possible. I hope that all members of Ruby House feel they have many great opportunities and I hope to see many successes in the future.
HOUSE CORE VALUE – RESPECT
The House Leader for Amethyst is Helen Parker.
Working within the academy working as Extended Services Coordinator, I am fully aware of how the experiences and skills developed through our house structure will not only provide fun activities for our students but will also complement their learning. Experiences will include; working as a team, contributing to the community, developing leadership skills, leading activities in a range of skill areas.
HOUSE CORE VALUE – FORGIVENESS